Hem quotes

• Sweet April's tears, Dead on the hem of May.
    -- Alexander Smith

#Sweet #Tears #Hem

• I'd rather break stones on the king's highway than hem a handkerchief.
    -- Anne Sullivan Macy

#Kings #Hem #Stones

• Weigh down your curtains with a proper 5-inch hem. It makes them much more proportioned and professional-looking.
    -- Emily Henderson

#Hem #Inches #Curtains

• Stand there, damn'd meddling villain, and be silent; For if thou utt'rest but a single word, A cough or hem, to cross me in my speech, I'll send thy cursed spirit from the earth, To bellow with the damn'd!
    -- Joanna Baillie

#Hem #Earth #Speech

• [On the metaphysical:] ... I knew in some marvelous way I had touched the hem of the unknown. And being me, I wanted to lift that hemline a little bit more.
    -- Mae West

#Hem #Littles #Way

• Love has a hem to her garment that reaches to the very dust. It sweeps the stains from the streets and lanes, and because it can, it must.
    -- Mother Teresa

#Dust #Hem #Stains

• I was attracted to science fiction because it was so wide open. I was able to do anything and there were no walls to hem you in and there was no human condition that you were stopped from examining.
    -- Octavia Butler

#Wall #Fiction #Hem

• A statesman... must wait until he hears the steps of God sounding through events, then leap up and grasp the hem of His garment.
    -- Otto von Bismarck

#Waiting #Political #Hem

• If I could just touch the hem of His garment I know I'll be made whole
    -- Sam Cooke

#Hem #Garments #Made

• Then Octavia drops to her knees, rubs the hem of a skirt against her cheek, and burst into tears. "It's been so long," she gasps, "since I've seen anything pretty.
    -- Suzanne Collins

#Long #Tears #Hem

• I do things like hem a pair of pants, I do my own tailoring but I wouldn't attempt a jacket.
    -- Tim Gunn

#Pants #Pairs #Hem

• Cery: So, Hem, tell me why I shouldn't see how many holes I need to make before you start leaking money?
    -- Trudi Canavan

#Hem #Needs #Holes

• We love our fans, so there's nothing we wouldn't do for them, and we go directly to t hem.
    -- Vince McMahon

#Fans #Hem

• After seventy years of expository preaching, I have yet to touch the hem of His garment.
    -- W. A. Criswell

#Years #Hem #Garments

• The things that mount the rostrum with a skip, And then skip down again, pronounce a text, Cry hem; and reading what they never wrote Just fifteen minutes, huddle up their work, And with a well-bred whisper close the scene!
    -- William Cowper

#Reading #Hem #Fifteen

• It is ... through the world of the imagination which takes us beyond the restrictions of provable fact, that we touch the hem of truth.
    -- Madeleine L'Engle

#Imagination #World #Hem

• Knowledge will appear in turn the merest ignorance to those who come after us. Yet it is not to be despised, since by it we reach up groping fingers to touch the hem of the garment of the Most High.
    -- Agnes Mary Clerke

#Ignorance #Hem #Garments