Oxfam quotes

• Back in the '60s, there was a car sticker that read, 'Forget Oxfam, Feed Twiggy,' but I ate like a horse.
    -- Twiggy

#Horse #Car #Oxfam

• I simply don't shine in company. Mostly I prefer to retreat with a book.

• Unquiet souls. In the dark fermentation of earth, in the never idle workshop of nature, in the eternal movement, yea shall find yourselves again.

• Lucy: You learn more when you lose Charlie Brown: Well then I must be the smartest person in world!!!

• I've done films about games. What I like with games is that there is this uncertain outcome and the element of chance.

• Do we talk about the dignity of work? Do we give our students any reason for believing it is worthwhile to sacrifice for their work because such sacrifices improve the psychological and mental health of the person who makes them?

• But it's important, while we are supporting lessons in respecting others, to remember that many of our youngest kids need to learn to respect themselves. You learn your worth from the way you are treated.

• You are just in the middle of a struggle with words which are really very stubborn things, with a blank page, with the damn thing that you use to write with, a pen or a typewriter, and you forget all about the reader when you are doing that

• It's hard to get fired from the government. You have to, like, kill people.

• The power of forgiveness is huge; it is really big, and it can save this world.

• In The Greens Are Gone, I play a character that's bipolar, so that was a big step and quite a challenge.