Failed Relationship quotes

• Don't be 'consistent,' but be simply true.

• I like people with big talents and small neuroses - not always an easy combination to find. I've discovered that if the neurosis is too big, it diminishes the talent and you wind up working too hard for what you get.

• I had been really obsessed with Jonestown for a long time - many years - and had read everything there was to read about it, seen all the footage and the documentaries. I found it really chilling in a personal way - the question of people submitting all their personal power and agency and independent thought it the name of a group or ideology. I could not find a way to write about it directly that didn't feel too heavy.

• Our father taught us such a work ethic that if there's something worth doing, it's worth doing well.

• Sometimes you're not getting the laughs you want or at the place you want but that doesn't mean it's not funny. It means you haven't explored it enough.

• Wordiness is a sickness of American writing. Too many words dilute and blur ideas .

• Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful.

• Homer and Hesiod attributed to the gods all things which are disreputable and worthy of blame when done by men; and they told of them many lawless deeds, stealing, adultery, and deception of each other.

• When I was 11, I won my first nationals at Savannah, defeating Kelly Henry in the finals.

• There is no comfortable middle path where we get to provide a rational justification for our basic moral, religious and common sense beliefs.