Flexing quotes

• To go and photograph an airbase is not only to photograph something but it is to insist on one’s right to photograph. You’re flexing that right.
    -- Trevor Paglen

#Photograph #Flexing

• As long as we live in a system of states, and as long as the roots of fascism and imperialist aggression have not finally been extirpated, our vigilance in regard to possible new violators of peace should not slacken, and concern for the strengthening of cooperation between the peace-loving powers will continue to be our most important duty.

• Oregon is the only state in the union that facilitates suicide.

• And I may often question choices I make as a producer. But I've never questioned the choices I make as a director.

• When you know that you can overcome challenges, you do gain that self-respect, and then you won't end up in a situation that you regret later on.

• Sanders was a friend of chickens.

• I love that you can be laughing one minute and crying the next, and then be shocked the next. I like things that provoke emotions to such extremes.

• Most of us experience a life full of wonderful moments and difficult moments. But for many of us, even when we are most joyful, there is fear behind our joy.

• For me, the difference between an ‘ordinary’ and an ‘extraordinary’ person is not the title that person might have, but what they do to make the world a better place for us all.

• We [the United States] are not every other country. And models that work elsewhere may not have the same impact here.

• Often, what you see in the media is driven by economic forces.