Kipling quotes

• I am not a composer of music; I sing pieces which have been written for me which gives me bigger freedom to search for pieces I want to record.

• If Truth is taken away from us, then Right and Wrong are taken from us as well. If we don't know Right and Wrong, then we can't, we won't control ourselves, but will look to someone else to bring order through brute force and raw power. We will be controlled by a tyrant, and we will no longer be free...

• The best thing for the inside of a man, is the outside of a horse.

• We can reproduce within our own minds the way that the world is put together for other people. This is the extraordinary privilege and adventure of anthropology.

• Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine!

• I had glow in the dark bands made up and I've given away a ton of them.

• First words on the first telephone - "Mr. Watson - come here - I want to see you."

• Following 25 children for the TV series 'Child of Our Time' has been extraordinary. The BBC's original plan was to commemorate the new millennium. What better way than to film a number of expectant mums from across the U.K.? Coming from widely different backgrounds, all were due to give birth on January 1, 2000.

• Global warming causes volatility. I feel it when I'm flying.

• Every ordinary thing in your life is a word of God's love: your home, your work, the clothes you wear, the air you breathe, the food you eat.... the flowers under your feet are the courtesy of God's heart flung down on You! All these things say one thing only: "See how I love you."