Vaseline quotes

• Only a goalie can appreciate what a goalie goes through.

• I quit comics because I got completely sick of it. I was drawing comics all the time and didn't have the time or energy to do anything else. That got to me in the end. I never made enough money from comics to be able to take a break and do something else. Now I just can't stand comics. . . . I wish my work would be recognized by a larger crowd of people as more art than be stuck with the cartoonist label for the rest of my life.

• Time has its own dimensions, and neither the sun nor the clock can encompass them all.

• Unquiet meals make ill digestions.

• I don't preach or try to impress my views upon people.

• Modernity sees humanity as having ascended from what is inferior to it - life begins in slime and ends in intelligence - whereas traditional cultures see it as descended from its superiors. As the anthropologist Marshall Sahlins put the matter: We are the only people who assume that we have ascended from apes. Everybody else take it for granted that they are descended from gods.

• The parents used to drag the little ones, and now the kids are coming--and they're not little anymore. Things are evolving. Maybe there's a renaissance for our music.

• If women’s role in life is limited solely to housewife/mother, it clearly ends when she can no longer bear more children and the children she has borne leave home.

• There is a natural limit to the success we wish our friends, even when we have spurred them on their way.

• Human history can be viewed as a slowly dawning awareness that we are members of a larger group Groups of people from divergent ethnic and cultural backgrounds working in some sense together [is] surely a humanizing and character building experience. If we are to survive, our loyalties must be broadened further, to include the whole human community, the entire planet Earth.