End Of The Road quotes

• In some bigger cities, I don't think people really realize these structures were built for the Olympics.

• A brand-new pair of toe shoes presents itself to us as an enemy with a will of its own that must be tamed.

• Seriously, however, I learn a lot about my physical life in the aging and changing of my body.

• I don't have an iPod.

• Sustainability is growth based on forms and processes of development that do not undermine the integrity of the environment on which they depend

• Because we don't think about future generations, they will never forget us.

• There are only so many instruments you can layer on top of each other that aren't perfectly electronically programmed. "Long Vermont Roads" just cannot be performed live, because it's just too cluttered if it's played by humans. Synthesizers stay out of each other's way in a way that hand-played instruments never can.

• Become an expert in one fundamental area of your market or business, no one starts out as a generalist.

• Genuinely great humour recognises the world it's describing and yet we are also called into question by it. That's what great art should do. That's what great philosophy should do. The one thing about humour is that this is an everyday practice that does this.

• What had happened was this. When still young, I had gotten the idea from somewhere that I might be able to write... Maybe the deadly notion came from liking to read so much. Maybe I was in love with the image of being a writer. Whatever. It had been a really bad idea. Because I couldn't write, at least not by the bluntly and frequently expressed standards of anyone in a position to offer any encouragement and feedback.