Handcuffs quotes

• Muscle mass does not always equal strength. Strength is kindness and sensitivity. Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional. That it comes from the body and the mind. And the heart.

• Sociologists have frequently observed that governments use punishment primarily as a tool of social control, and thus the extent or severity of punishment is often unrelated to actual crime patterns.

• You don't get better as you get older in your career. It's not natural to have your best years late in your career. So I'm trying to do whatever I can to keep my body feeling good for as long as I can.

• When you are creating something artistically and are speaking to or representing a culture that you know truthfully, you are doing a good job.

• There are three good things in this world. One is to read poetry, another is to write poetry, and the best of all is to live poetry.

• Someone has written, Love is a verb. It requires doing -not just saying and thinking. The test is in what one does, how one acts, for love is conveyed in word and deed.

• The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart.

• And he nipped them in the bud, right at the end

• The challenge to me as a director was for the audience to see the film as going on in a straight line, so that they did not sense all of these break-ups. I did not want a film to be a collage of all these images.

• The unexpected may annoy us, but may also wake us up.