Valiant quotes

• Moreover, they [the Central Asian Republics] are of importance from the standpoint of security and historical ambitions to at least three of their most immediate and more powerful neighbors, namely Russia, Turkey and Iran, with China also signaling an increasing political interest in the region. But the Eurasian Balkans are infinitely more important as a potential economic prize: an enormous concentration of natural gas and oil reserves is located in the region, in addition to important minerals, including gold.

• Life's greatest tragedy is not that it will someday end, but that most only live to follow directions and sometimes we end up totally lost.

• (They) were found guilty of continuing to promote the merits of Laetrile in cancer therapy in violation of terms of probation they had originally secured following their 1973 conviction.

• I wake up ready to right and I feel like I'm on the right side of history every day.

• We and we alone have the power to change our lives, and we can choose to do so at any moment.

• The involuntary character of psychiatric treatment is at odds with the spirit and ethics of medicine itself.

• I am not faithful but I am attached.

• I can categorically say I will not be putting my hat in the ring. It's not something I have ever coveted and it's not a position I am interested in taking up at this point in time. I am loyal to Newcastle and they have been fabulous to me. I feel that is where my responsibility lies.

• We are taught by great actions that the universe is the property of every individual in it.

• My vocal ability is very limited, but I'm fortunate in that I can write the songs around my vocal limitations.