Establishment Clause quotes

• God’s will and desire—His pleasure—is that we love Him. We cannot please God unless we love Him. We cannot love Him unless we know Him, and we cannot know Him unless we have faith in Him.

• No radiant pearl which crested Fortune wears, No gem that twinkling hangs from Beauty's ears, Not the bright stars which Night's blue arch adorn, Nor rising suns that gild the vernal morn, Shine with such lustre as the tear that flows Down Virtue's manly cheek for others' woes.

• My roots are African. The birds I remember, the fruits I ate, the trees I climbed, they're African.

• The adage that fact is stranger than fiction seems to be especially true for the workings of the brain.

• Karma is not something complicated or philosophical. Karma means watching your body, watching your mouth, and watching your mind. Trying to keep these three doors as pure as possible is the practice of karma.

• You're married, and suddenly you have your own family. There's a nice comfort in that. That part of your life is certain ... You've got your home in that other person.

• We gave up some of our country to the white men, thinking that then we could have peace. We were mistaken. The white man would not let us alone.

• Cover the canvas at the first go, and then work on till you see nothing more to add ... Don't proceed according to rules and principles, but paint what you observe and feel. Paint generously and unhesitatingly, for it is best not to lose the first impression.

• Blessed are those who imitate us for they shall inherit our faults.

• Complaints about reality are immature.