Hobos quotes

• Satori - in the awakening from a dream. Awakening and self-realization and seeing into one's own being - these are synonymous.

• There are endless exercises for arms, but the basics are best-chinups and pushups.

• Just think how many thoughts a blanket smothers while one lies alone in bed, and how many unhappy dreams it keeps warm.

• I know, indeed, of nothing more subtly satisfying and cheering than a knowledge of the real good will and appreciation of others. Such happiness does not come with money, nor does it flow from fine physical state. It cannot be brought. But it is the keenest joy, after all; and the toiler's truest and best reward.

• God is dead but my hair is perfect.

• It takes intelligence and training, self-discipline and fine-sensibility, to gain renewed life through leisure occupation. America now suffers spiritual poverty, and art must become more fully American life before her leisure can become culture.

• There's nothing like a little fear or hunger to motivate one's inspiration. To take that away from a young artist can offer quite a disservice.

• In an age where there is much talk about "being yourself," I reserve to myself the right to forget about being myself, since in any case there is very little chance of my being anybody else.

• I've never seen a homeless guy with a bottle of Gatorade.

• When will the state of the country be sound?... When its people believe that the end result of cowardice is more disastrous than that of behaving with integrity.