Vendors quotes

• I like normal stuff people fear - like spiders and heights. I'm frightened by the unknown, by things that are hard to figure out and get a grip on.

• Anthropology is the most humanistic of the sciences and the most scientific of the humanities.

• Stress is the inability to adapt to a changing environment.

• The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal.

• Because he sounded so lost-the Eric I knew had never been one to do anything other than assume others should serve him-I patted around under the covers for his hand. When I found it, I slid my own over it. His palm was turned up to meet my palm, and his fingers clasped mine. And though I would not have thought it possible to go to sleep holding hands with a vampire, that's exactly what I did.

• I grew up in a trailer park in Bellingham, Washington.

• I have worked with Tarell Alvin McCraney, who is the play Moonlight is based on. He's a company member at Steppenwolf. I have done a could of his plays here.

• I am alarmed when it happens that I have walked a mile into the woods bodily, without getting there in spirit. In my afternoon walk I would fain forget all my morning occupations and my obligations to Society. But it sometimes happens that I cannot easily shake off the village. The thought of some work will run in my head and I am not where my body is - I am out of my senses. In my walks I would fain return to my senses. What business have I in the woods, if I am thinking of something out of the woods?

• Prayer meetings are the throbbing machinery of the church.

• My god how gentle you are with me in spite of my great ignorance and how merciful You are with me in spite of my ugly deeds