Olympian quotes

• Warned by the disaster of the last great war, the statesmen of all nations have been taking measures to prevent the return of another such calamity.

• There are only two conditions where you’re allowed to wake up a woman on a lie-in: it’s snowing or the death of a celebrity.

• Believe it or not, I swear I'm just a human being.

• But the question we should ask ourselves is, who is the next visionary leader of America? How do we have the aspiration and inspire Americans to reach their highest level? We need a president that does so.

• Tennis is a hard sport. There is a lot of competition all year and you play alone.

• I didn't study acting.

• Expectation is the root of all heartache.

• Joy and truth both have a way of peeking through any dark curtain.

• when anybody talks to me as if I hadn't good sense, I'm immediately tempted to act as if I hadn't. Like sticking beans up your nose. ... you know the story about the mother who said to her children the last thing before she went out, Now be sure not to stick beans up your nose? Naturally, they would never have thought of it if she hadn't put the idea into their heads.

• So long as all the increased wealth which modern progress brings goes but to build up great fortunes, to increase luxury and make sharper the contrast between the House of Have and the House of Want, progress is not real and cannot be permanent.