Van Halen quotes

• The God who hates trees is the founding father of patriarchy.

• I do believe that a belief in God is crazy, but that doesn't mean that the people who believe in it are crazy. Those are two different things. Ideas can be stupid and crazy, and the people who hold those ideas are not necessarily stupid and crazy.

• The dominance of short-term perspectives has led to routine decisions in the markets that sacrifice the long-term buildup of genuine value in pursuit of artificial, short-term gains.

• When I was wrestling, I was 19, I was young.

• Family is the root of all that is good in our lives, and I am so grateful for mine.

• You have to have hope. It's irresponsible to give false hope, which I think a lot of playwrights are guilty of. But I also think it's irresponsible to simply be a nihilist, which quite a lot of playwrights, especially playwrights younger than me, have become guilty of.

• You've got to kick fear to the side, because the payoff is huge.

• You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.

• We all have our little illusions about our own mental abilities.

• This human struggle and scramble for office, for a way to live without work, will finally test the strength of our institutions.