Outliers quotes

• When I write, I try to think back to what I was afraid of or what was scary to me, and try to put those feelings into books.

• Nobody is more truthful when he's acting than De Niro.

• I mean, it's hard to talk about death without realizing that's our end too, right? I am constantly aware of death. It's not that I want to be, but it's a fascination of the mind and it plays a role in why I want to live my life a certain way. The more I am aware of my mortality the better person I am and the better I am at choosing a life that is aware of its beauty.

• What do you call those knobby things on doors that help you open them?

• If your parents didn't have any children, there's a good chance that you won't have any.

• I've gone through that with my mother and father and here I was in a similar situation. I've wronged her and I've wronged the family. Because when these things happen, it doesn't just happen to you, it happens to the people around you and the family.

• I saw no poor men, except a few intemperate ones. I saw some very poor women; but God and man know that the time has not come for women to make their injuries even heard of.

• I … noticed something striking about my growing cast of deniers. None of them were deniers.

• I don't like being preachy. I think using fun and humor is an excellent way to make people think.

• I honestly if I get a vacation I'm gonna go and sit on my couch in New York cause that's the one place I haven't been for a very long time.