Hearsay quotes

• Young girls are the chatelaines of truth; they must see that it is protected, that the guilty lead the life of the guilty, even if the world rocks on its foundations.

• The unconscious is the discourse of the Other.

• I used to have trouble in front of an audience. I felt uncomfortable.

• There is no real wealth but the labor of man.

• I learned early on not to feel badly about reaching out for help, and not to feel embarrassed about saying that youre in over your head.

• Strike against war, for without you no battles can be fought! Strike against manufacturing shrapnel and gas bombs and all other tools of murder! Strike against preparedness that means death and misery to millions of human beings! Be not dumb, obedient slaves in an army of destruction! Be heroes in an army of construction!

• Be good or don't get caught.

• No matter what happens with technology or whether you're in traditional animation or stop-motion or CG, the biggest challenge always is story. The flow of making the movie is usually determined by how your story is coming together, and when your story is straining and you can't quite get your hands around it, your entire production is straining.

• And before you ask, I don't ask what equipment my lovers have, merely if they want to play.

• It is a custom often practiced by seafaring people to throw a bottle overboard, with a paper, stating the time and place at which it is done. In the absence of other information as to currents, that afforded by these mute little navigators is of great value.