Boulders quotes

• There are occasions when I have moved boulders, but I'm reluctant to, especially ones that have been rooted in a place for many years.
    -- Andy Goldsworthy

#Years #Boulders #Occasions

• This boulder seemed like a curious volume, regularly paged, with a few extracts from older works. Bacon tells us that "some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." Of the last honour I think the boulder fully worthy.
    -- Archibald Geikie

#Book #Thinking #Boulders

• May your boulders be your blessings. May you be able to embrace them. And may you find what's extraordinary in yourself.
    -- Aron Ralston

#Blessing #Boulders #May

• I wanted to create comics as soon as a I learned humans were behind them, that they were not natural phenomena like trees and boulders.
    -- Art Spiegelman

#Tree #Boulders #Natural

• I'm going to do anything and everything, remove every boulder, every hurdle and every problem out of my way to make my dreams come true.
    -- Grant Cardone

#Dream #Boulders #Anything And Everything

• When I discovered a new plant, I sat down beside it for a minute or a day, to make its acquaintance and hear what it had to tell... I asked the boulders I met, whence they came and whither they were going.
    -- John Muir

#Boulders #Plant #Minutes

• You can't blame anyone else... You have to make your own choices and live every agonizing day with the consequences of those choices. He knew this. That's why he deserted us like we deserted those civilians. He saw the road ahead, a steep, treacherous mountain road. We'd all have to hike that road, each of us dragging the boulder of what we'd done behind us. He couldn't do it. He couldn't shoulder the weight." - Philip Adler
    -- Max Brooks

#Choices #Mountain #Boulders

• Every great decision creates ripples. Like a huge boulder dropping in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways. The heavier the decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences.
    -- Sylvester McCoy

#Lakes #Decision #Boulders

• I saw a sign in Boulder. It said, 'Live Music and Darts.' Chicken wire isn't going to help at all.
    -- Tom Rush

#Wire #Saws #Boulders

• Persistence prevails, like a stream that is temporarily blocked by boulders and then collects force enough to overflow onward.
    -- Vernon Howard

#Perseverance #Persistence #Boulders

• At some point, you can't lift this boulder with just your own strength. And if you find that you need to move bigger and bigger boulders up hills, you will need more and more help.
    -- Vinton Cerf

#Moving #Needs #Boulders

• (The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls.
    -- Yitzhak Shamir

#Wall #Boulders #Would Be