Harlem quotes

• The heartland lies where the heart longs to be. Sometimes it takes a lifetime to find the true place to plant it.

• When there's an authentic mystery, as opposed to just a question being asked, that's what makes you lean forward.

• I'm sick of all you ammo-phobes being intolerant of my gun.

• Until philosophers rule as kings or those who are now called kings and leading men genuinely and adequately philosophise, that is, until political power and philosophy entirely coincide, while the many natures who at present pursue either one exclusively are forcibly prevented from doing so, cities will have no rest from evils,... nor, I think, will the human race.

• Why be difficult, when with only a little bit of effort, you can be impossible?

• They're only truly great who are truly good.

• ... one of the main functions of an analogy or model is to suggest extensions of the theory by considering extensions of the analogy, since more is known about the analogy than is known about the subject matter of the theory itself ... A collection of observable concepts in a purely formal hypothesis suggesting no analogy with anything would consequently not suggest either any directions for its own development.

• We believed anything worth doing was worth over-doing

• It is wonderful how quickly you get used to things, even the most astonishing.

• It almost feels like a movie or a- I know it's been said many times - that cable television is the new novel kind of thing - but it does feel like that.