Duchess quotes

• There have been several Duchesses of Westminster but there is only one Chanel!
    -- Coco Chanel

#Duchess

• Everyone marries the Duke of Westminster. There are a lot of duchesses, but only one Coco Chanel.
    -- Coco Chanel

#Dukes #Duchess

• I must admit that I haven't heard of the Duchess of Erat before." "You're a fortunate man," Wolf said. "She's a great beauty," the man said admiringly. "And has a temper to match," Wolf told him. "I noticed that," the guard said. "We noticed you noticing," Silk told him slyly.
    -- David Eddings

#Men #Duchess #Said

• When I hold you, you will be the Duchess of Earl.
    -- Gene Chandler

#Duchess #Egotism

• Of course it is,’ said the Duchess, who seemed ready to agree to everything that Alice said; ‘there’s a large mustard-mine near here. And the moral of that is– “The more there is of mine, the less there is of yours.
    -- Lewis Carroll

#Moral #Duchess #Mustard

• At this the duchess, laughing all the while, said: "Sancho Panza is right in all he has said, and will be right in all he shall say...
    -- Miguel de Cervantes

#Laughing #Said #Duchess

• The men were all scumbags, but the whole point of the film is to show the development of that. Each guy is going in there to have a good time. By and large, these men are career men, family men, and you just see the deterioration of them.

• Human care (of animals) is simply sentimental, sympathetic patronage.

• Like the sun that sets at the end of the day, so too will Ramadan come and go, leaving only it's mark on our heart's sky.

• Nothing of any importance has ever been accomplished by a pessimist.

• Patterning your life around other's opinions is nothing more than slavery.

• Most of the research which is done is determined by the requirement that it shall, in a fairly obvious and predictable way, reinforce the approved or fashionable theories.

• I've never been starstruck but I may have wanted to strike a star once or twice.

• Betrayals during war are childlike compared with our betrayals during peace.

• Nations, like families, have great men only in spite of themselves.

• I am sure that the two main forms of English, American English and British English, separated geographically from the beginning and severed politically since 1776, are continuing to move apart, and that existing elements of linguistic dissimilarity between them will intensify as time goes on, notwithstanding the power of the cinema, TV, Time Magazine, and other two-way gluing and fuelling devices.