Stitches quotes

• The more stitches, the less riches.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Stitches #Riches

• Why are you so weird?" "Because my weird has to be able to cancel out your weird, Lady Cross-stitch." "At least what I do is considered an art form." "Yes, in ye olde medieal Europse you would've been quite the catch-
    -- Alexandra Bracken

#Art #Stitches #Able

• You have to keep taking the next necessary stitch, and the next one, and the next. Without stitches, you just have rags. And we are not rags,
    -- Anne Lamott

#Rags #Stitches #Next

• It’s learning how to live for a living. That’s the tricky stitch.
    -- Buddy Wakefield

#Stitches #Tricky

• Scars are memory. Like sutures. They stitch the past to me.
    -- China Mieville

#Memories #Past #Stitches

• I wanna go south and get some more. Hey, they say that a stitch in time saves nine, they say I better stop or I'll go blind.
    -- Cyndi Lauper

#Hey #Stitches #Nine

• John was at his most relaxed with Ringo, who had him in stitches with his jokes.
    -- Cynthia Lennon

#Stitches #Ringo #Relaxed

• One time I was singing along with a boy that looked like me in the crowd and he pushed away the mic and started making out with me and accidently bit my lip and I had to get stitches.
    -- Davey Havok

#Boys #Singing #Stitches

• You want to put a band-aid on something that needs stitches.
    -- Eric Jerome Dickey

#Needs #Band #Stitches

• In a perverse way, I was glad for the stitches, glad it would show, that there would be scars. What was the point in just being hurt on the inside? It should bloody well show.
    -- Janet Fitch

#Hurt #Would Be #Stitches

• If only [there] really was a door and [you] could walk through it into another life, where threads didn't snarl and stitches didn't go all tight and tiny. Where people loved you and didn't leave you for someone else.
    -- Karen Hancock

#Doors #People #Stitches

• I knit the afternoon away. I knit reasons for Elijah to come back. I knit apologies for Emma. I knit angry knots and slipped stitches for every mistake I ever made, and I knit wet, swollen stitches that look awful. I knit the sun down.
    -- Laurie Halse Anderson

#Mistake #Apology #Stitches

• If I run or breathe too deep, the cheap stitches holding me together will snap, and all the stickiness inside will pour out and burn through the concrete.
    -- Laurie Halse Anderson

#Running #Together #Stitches

• We must make our lives as we sew, stitch by stitch.
    -- Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

#Stitches

• But then, that was the problem with pretty toy stitches. When real life got hold of them, they always tore out.
    -- Paolo Bacigalupi

#Real #Stitches #Toys

• Hello, darling. Sorry about that. Sorry about the bony elbows, sorry we lived here, sorry about the scene at the bottom of the stairwell and how I ruined everything by saying it out loud. Especially that, but I should have known. You see, I take the parts that I remember and stitch them back together to make a creature that will do what I say or love me back.
    -- Richard Siken

#Sorry #Together #Stitches

• You see, I take the parts that I remember and stitch them back together to make a creature that will do what I say or love me back.
    -- Richard Siken

#Together #Stitches #Remember

• The stitch of a book is its words.
    -- Rumer Godden

#Book #Stitches

• A stitch in time saves uncontrollable blood loss
    -- Simon Haynes

#Loss #Blood #Stitches

• But... when I left you, Bella, I left you bleeding. Jacob was the one to stitch you back up again. That was bound to leave it's mark - on both of you. I'm not sure those kinds of stitches dissolve on their own. I can't blame either of you for something I made necessary. I may gain forgiveness, but that doesn't let me escape the consequences.
    -- Stephenie Meyer

#Stitches #May #Bleeding

• When I left you, Bella, I left you bleeding. Jacob was the one to stitch you back up again. That was bound to leave its mark - on both of you.
    -- Stephenie Meyer

#Bleeding #Stitches #Mark

• Time and tragedy have forced her to grow too quickly, at least for my taste, into a young woman who stitches bleeding wounds and knows our mother can hear only so much.
    -- Suzanne Collins

#Mother #Tragedy #Stitches

• To stand up for someone was to stitch your fate into the lining of theirs.
    -- Tom Rob Smith

#Fate #Stitches

• I feel that Nagai Kafu was a writer who cold stitch together apparently meaningless moments like these into a lyrical whole, and has enhanced my ability to do the same with my own life.
    -- Quentin S. Crisp

#Together #Stitches #Cold

• There's more likelihood of Ian Paisley being the next pope, than of me agreeing to a fix or a stitch-up.
    -- Rhodri Morgan

#Stitches #Next #Pope