Vindictiveness quotes

• A lot of kids bought guitars and started playing rock'n'roll because of us.

• Nothing a housewife does is of value in capitalist terms because it does not take place on the market and therefore does not contribute to the Gross National Product.

• Civilization is built on a number of ultimate principles... respect for human life, the punishment of crimes against property and persons, the equality of all good citizens before the law... or, in a word justice.

• Baseball, to me, is still the national pastime because it is a summer game. I feel that almost all Americans are summer people, that summer is what they think of when they think of their childhood. I think it stirs up an incredible emotion within people.

• There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.

• I drank a bottle of wine for company. It was Chateau Margaux. It was pleasant to be drinking slowly and to be tasting the wine and to be drinking alone. A bottle of wine was good company.

• There's so many great, fantastic compliments I need to give that girl. Three words isn't enough.

• There is obviously a great human need for religion because life seems to be such a mystery.

• We are the most dangerous species of life on the planet, and every other species, even the earth itself, has cause to fear our power to exterminate. But we are also the only species which, when it chooses to do so, will go to great effort to save what it might destroy.

• Do I think I was put here on earth to be a journalist and to seek truth? No, I don't.