Valve quotes

• Happiness comes the way the wind blows.

• You may be sitting in a room reading this book. Imagine one note struck upon the piano. Immediately that one note is enough to change the atmosphere of the room - proving that the sound element in music is a powerful and mysterious agent, which it would be foolish to deride or belittle.

• We do not choose survival as a value, it chooses us.

• It would be inaccurate to say the Tea Partiers are racists. What they are, in truth, are narcissists.

• Even if I'm completely unsure, I'll pretend I know exactly what I'm talking about and make a decision.

• Life is a highway - the enjoyment you get depends on the lane you choose.

• To defer anything to the Greek Calends is to defer it sine die. There were no calends in the Greek months. The Romans used to pay rents, taxes, bills, etc., on the calends, and to defer paying them to the “Greek Calends” was virtually to repudiate them. (See NEVER.)

• There's something really the matter with most people who wear tattoos. There's at least some terrible story. I know from experience that there's always something terribly flawed about people who are tattooed, above some little something that Johnny had done in the Navy, even though that's a bad sign...It's terrible. Psychologically it's crazy. Most people who are tattooed, it's the sign of some feeling of inferiority, they're trying to establish some macho identification for themselves.

• What I love the most about surfing is that it's my first love. It's the first thing I can remember being consumed by.

• Expect rejection, but expect even more strongly to overcome it.