Utopian quotes

• Nothing we do has the quickness, the sureness, the deep intelligence living at peace would have.
    -- Denise Levertov

#Utopian #Quickness

• Around 1967 I began backing away from dogmatic Leninism, not so much because I thought it was false, I just decided there was nothing utopian about it.
    -- Henry Flynt

#Backing Away #Utopian

• If utopian fiction became the new trend, I wouldn't read it.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Fiction #Trends #Utopian

• Michel Aflaq - is bad poetry wrapped in the guise of utopian politics, or great poetry wrapped in the guise of horrible politics.
    -- Elliott Colla

#Horrible #Great Poetry #Utopian

• There was a period when the utopian scenario was almost true - when we felt that you could do almost anything in a club, as long as it was any good. There was no rigid expectation from the audience as to how it had to be delivered. But this didn't last very long. It was almost palpable, the decline of this in the new millennium.
    -- Thomas Koner

#Long #Expectations #Utopian

• You know you're a stoner when your friends make you a Bob Marley cake.

• I pretty much work all the time.

• I was been raised to believe I was an artist. I believed what my parents said and fulfilled it, like a prophecy.

• I guess it all depends on whom you ask and when you ask. Race, I've learned, is in the eye of the beholder.

• Suddenly they were dancing, holding each other tight, moving in circles that symbolised their relationship, both afraid to let go, both willing the song to continue while silently their insides tore.

• If I insist on being pessimistic, there is always tomorrow. Today I am blessed.

• We're the real estate industry - not the manufacturers.

• There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns. If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself. What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish. There is no free will. There are no variables.

• Indeed, the quantity of PCBs still in use plus the quantity still languishing in waste dumps exceeds the total amount that has already escaped into the general environment. Without a program to recall and contain them, semivolatile PCBs will continue to insinuate themselves into the food chain for decades.

• If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people in the world?