Turned Off quotes

• I represent an affluent district, but when I worked to form my county's first battered-women's shelter, some nights there were no beds left. Violence against women crosses all economic lines.

• Where there is love, there is often also hate. They can exist side by side.

• The chance to be both artistically appreciated and commercially appreciated... That's what you hope for.

• We're fighting three wars now. Imagine how many we'd be fighting if President Obama hadn't won the Nobel Peace Prize.

• Poverty is the absence of all human rights. The frustrations, hostility and anger generated by abject poverty cannot sustain peace in any society.

• somewhere i have never traveled, gladly beyond any experience, your eyes have their silence; in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me, or which i cannot touch because they are too near

• When every benefit received is a right, there is no place for good manners, let alone for gratitude.

• Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.

• There's always something in the game you wish you would have done different. That's why players improve, because they learn from what they did before. They might have been guessing before, but now they know.

• Christ by his death destroying the works of the devil, procuring the Spirit for us, hath so killed sin, as to its reign in believers, that it shall not obtain its end and dominion.