Energy Flow quotes

• Civil union is less than marriage. Marriage is a sacred and valued institution and ought to be afforded equal protection.

• Evidence shows that even now, when it is illegal for employers to pocket tips, many still do. Research on workers in three large U.S. cities found that 12 percent of tipped workers had tips stolen by their employers or supervisors. With that much illegal tip theft taking place, it's clear that when employers can legally pocket the tips, many will.

• I have a responsibility to tell the truth. The truth about what we`ve done, and what we`ll do.

• I'll tell you this. Leaving that which you love breaks your heart open. But you will find a jewel inside, and this precious jewel is the opening of your heart to all that is new and all that is different, and it will be the making of you-if you allow it to be.

• We've lost something that's been with us for so long, and something that drew a lot of us into mathematics. But perhaps that's always the way with math problems, and we just have to find new ones to capture our attention.

• A leader, first and foremost, is human. Only when we have the strength to show our vulnerability can we truly lead.

• The desire for love is universal but that has never meant it’s worthy of respect. It’s not admirable to want love, it just is.

• I meditate not to escape the world but instead to be completely present.

• The Bible was a consolation to a fellow alone in the old cell. The lovely thin paper with a bit of matress stuffing in it, if you could get a match, was as good a smoke as I ever tasted.

• I have learned that my quenchless longing for life is, after all, unconsciously, a secret, unutterable yearning after God; for how can you conceive of life apart from Him?