Value Of Education quotes

• Write as often as possible, not with the idea at once of getting into print, but as if you were learning an instrument.

• You have no idea how pleasant it is not to have any future. It's like having a totally efficient contraceptive.

• It is from the numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of others or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.

• I think nothing is religion which puts one individual absolutely above others, and surely nothing is religion which puts one sex above another.

• Getting through a workout is just very fulfilling. That 'Ah, I didn't want to do it but I did it and now I feel 10 times better.'

• What silence rules the ghostly hours That guard the close of human sleep!

• She told me I wasn't playing for the coach, I was playing for myself.

• What its children become, that will the community become.

• There are times when thinking about something is the worst possible policy.

• Women are far more likely to follow orders to evacuate, especially women with children. At the same time, women were much more likely to die during the South Asian tsunami. In some villages it was 3 to 1. And that was party because of the average strength it takes to hold onto something. Also it was cultural; women were less likely to know how to swim, as were children. So much of this is based on how we develop our own survival skills before something goes wrong: Even if nothing goes wrong, it might be good to know how to swim.