Economic Systems quotes

• there are certain advantages in being cursed by all and sundry ... especially, it dispenses you with having to be nice to anybody ... there's nothing more emollient, stultifying, emasculating than wanting to be liked ... "not nice!" ... that does it, you're free! ...

• Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.

• Even if it is true that all cultures share a common morality, why does this prove a supreme intelligence? After all, don't we humanists sometimes claim that there is a common thread of humanistic values running through history across cultural and religious lines?

• Torture is illegal, both in the U.S. and abroad. So - and that is true for the Bush administration and for any other administration.

• One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions.

• That was one of the things I hadn't really put together. Since the first movie and this movie, the rest of us have been living that revolution, largely engineered by people who were Tron fans. That's pretty deep, man.

• From nothing else but the brain come joys, delights, laughter and sports, and sorrows, griefs, despondency, and lamentations

• Well, Ive always been a character actor, you know, and you always get your share of character actors who are bad guys.

• There are sixteen cans of coffee here; together they hold a total of thirteen and a half pounds of coffee. Doesn't that seem like cheating?

• I saw my first gig here actually (Festival Hall in Brisbane) Duran Duran.