Ergs quotes

• Neue Phaenomena zu erklären, dieses macht meine Sorgen aus, und wie froh ist der Forscher, wenn er das so fleissig Gesuche findet, eine Ergötzung wobei das Herz lacht.
    -- Carl Wilhelm Scheele

#Science #Ergs

• To hell with that. If a guy can pull a big erg, I can teach him how to row.
    -- Mike Teti

#Guy #Ergs #Rowing

• Just remember we're now in selection. Every piece, every erg, every seat race-they're all recorded, and I notice things
    -- Mike Teti

#Race #Ergs #Pieces

• Neue Phaenomena zu erklären, dieses macht meine Sorgen aus, und wie froh ist der Forscher, wenn er das so fleissig Gesuche findet, eine Ergötzung wobei das Herz lacht.
    -- Carl Wilhelm Scheele

#Science #Ergs

• ...the rarest of all human qualities is consistency.

• Lives based on having are less free than lives based either on doing or being.

• White boys always get the Oscar. It's a known fact. Did I ever get a nomination? No! You know why? Cause I hadn't played any of them slave roles, and get my ***** whipped. That's how you get the nomination. A black dude who plays a slave that gets his ***** whipped gets the nomination, a white guy who plays an idiot gets the Oscar. That's what I need, I need to play a retarded slave, then I'll get the Oscar.

• I don't care to analyze acting. On the other hand there is a fascination because distributors are putting out British films. You get films here with great performances you'll never see again. Why compare. We should go after the businessmen.

• In a global arena, what our businessmen need in order to be competitive is transparency and a level playing-field.

• Ive always enjoyed the enthusiasm of the best studio musicians and, over the years, have collected so many inspired contributions from them.

• If the world comes to an end, I want to be in Cincinnati. Everything comes there ten years later.

• I played volleyball for the greater part of my life, since I was 11 or 12 years.

• He is not cheated who knows he is being cheated.

• Youth is not wasted on the young, it is perpetrated on the young.