Viola quotes

• Viola?            Keep calling for me–                      And I’ll keep searching for you– And I’ll find you–             You bet yer life on it– I’ll find you– Keep calling for me, Viola– Cuz here I come.
    -- Patrick Ness

#Calling #Cuz #Viola

• Viola? Keep calling for me– And I’ll keep searching for you– And I’ll find you– You bet yer life on it– I’ll find you– Keep calling for me, Viola– Cuz here I come.
    -- Patrick Ness

#Calling #Cuz #Viola

• I'll find you- Keep calling for me, Viola- Cuz here I come.
    -- Patrick Ness

#Calling #Cuz #Viola

• Bill Viola is worth ten Scorseses.
    -- Peter Greenaway

#Bills #Viola

• At one time, you think you're invincible. This just can't happen to you but, when it happens, the reality sets in that you either change or you die. You realize you've got only one life.

• But trust me, if I lived in the '80s, I would definitely be the one going to the record stores.

• The voice of the people is the voice of humbug.

• There is no suspense in inevitability.

• I feel guilty sometimes. It may be that innate English nature - the need to think that you must've done something wrong if you're a success. It's sometimes better if you can say: 'Okay, I'm a failure; now will you be my friend?'.

• We didn't call it a sport necessarily, and skaters definitely weren't thought of as athletes, we were thought of as misfits.

• I do find it therapeutic, writing about stuff that was frightening and painful as a child, and managing to see it from an adult's point of view. To get it out of the closet onto paper, metaphorically speaking, is therapeutic.

• My work means everything to me.

• Thirty-five is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-five for years.

• The language of art is powerful to those who understand it, and puzzling to those who do not. What we do know is that here was the modern human mind at work, spinning symbolism and abstraction in a way that only Homo sapiens is capable of doing.