Vanderbilt quotes

• The men upon whose shoulders rested the initial responsibility of Christianizing the world came to Jesus with one supreme request. They did not say, 'Lord, teach us to preach'; Lord, teach us to do miracles,' or 'Lord, teach us to be wise'...but they said, 'Lord, teach us to pray.'

• If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?

• Thank you for the opportunity for the Democratic Party and progressives to reclaim the votes of the sane citizens of these United States.

• Bugs have always loved me.

• The persistent appetite for human beings for community is what we should all be dedicated to.

• I am a friend. I have in my possession two thousand assorted buttons, eight hundred keys, and only one friend. Perhaps it is not something you can understand. I have not often been one before. I will be now.

• If you desire to become a more generous person, don't wait for your income to change. Change your heart.

• Successful people are the ones who are breaking the rules.

• All War Departments are now Defense Departments. This is all part of the doubletalk of our time. The aggressor is always on the other side.

• The Catholic Church is not dead, it is not even tired!