Observing quotes

• The lesson that people can't give me what they don't have, and if there's anything I took from it, it was: okay, I don't really expect anyone to hand me anything. There's going to be me and the world.

• The people you save won't celebrate you. They'll gather the wood and cheer while you burn.

• Its funny - when you look at the real A-listers nowadays, look at how many live in and around Hollywood. Most of them live on a ranch in Utah. Its no coincidence these guys get in and get out.

• What am I doing as a filmmaker? What is the goal? To look for the unknown atmosphere that hasn't been described before. This is my only goal. Unknown images. Because if not, it's boring, no?

• Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone.

• If your franchise has been around for awhile you have to find ways to keep it fresh.

• Some of my friends who know me best say they wouldn't trade places with me for $1 million because of the pace I lead.

• The British government - any government - is potentially the worst [architectural] client in the world.

• Everybody's friend is nobody's.

• Our scientists all the more occupy advanced positions in the development of world science. By the example of their successes in the field of atomic energy, our scientists and technicians have vividly shown how much the increased might of the Soviet state and the further growth of its international authority depends on their efforts and practical successes.