Knockers quotes

• When there’s an ache, you want to be like aspirin, not vitamins. Aspirin solves a very particular problem someone has, whereas vitamins are a general ‘nice to have’ market.

• The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self-respect springs.

• I wonder what all those Chinese poets sound like in Chinese. I like their distilled quality.

• Individuals may form communities, but it is institutions alone that can create a nation.

• GOD: I own you like I own the caves. THE OCEAN: Not a chance. No comparison. GOD: I made you. I could tame you. THE OCEAN: At one time, maybe. But not now. GOD: I will come to you, freeze you, break you. THE OCEAN: I will spread myself like wings. I am a billion tiny feathers. You have no idea what's happened to me.

• The drug which makes sexuality palatable in popular mythology.

• I don't deny my life-style is occasionally pretty wild.

• As I lay stretched upon the beach of Nice, I began to feel hatred for birds which flew back and forth across my blue sky, cloudless sky, because they tried to bore holes in my greatest and most beautiful work.

• Goodness will find the little boy. It always has. It will again.

• Well, I met Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan in the space of 15 minutes. Frank Sinatra kissed me on the lips. He kissed me on the lips. And then he gave me a filterless cigarette. And then I met Bob Dylan. I came off all lightheaded and had to go sit on his dressing-room steps.