Kentuckians quotes

• Society secretly delights in crime, excesses, and violated prohibitions of all sorts.

• The first lesson in civics is that efficient government begins at home.

• I did not have a personal relationship with Jesus until I met my nanny, who helped me through a failing marriage and raising my two boys in a New York City apartment. She showed me by example what it was like to be able to talk to Jesus and bring all my cares and worries to Him. That was in 1990.

• I happen to be a guy who also plays the piano and sings, so people automatically associate me with Billy Joel

• We don't need sugar to live, and we don't need it as a society.

• You're here, and the only dance I want is this one.

• I fish because I love to . . . because I love the environs where trout are found . . . because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don’t want to waste the trip . . . and, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant––and not nearly so much fun.

• In the 1970s, many intellectuals had become political radicals. Marxism was correct, liberalism was for wimps, and Marx had pronounced that 'the ruling ideas of each age have ever been the ideas of its ruling class.'

• Only one thing can stop Luis Suarez from being voted as the Players' Player of the Year... his fellow players

• There is an aesthetic crisis in writing, which is this: how do we write emotionally of scenes involving computers? How do we make concrete, or at least reconstructable in the minds of our readers, the terrible, true passions that cross telephony lines? Right now my field must tackle describing a world where falling in love, going to war and filling out tax forms looks the same; it looks like typing.