Essays quotes

• The government is asleep - there is a big administrative corruption everywhere in its institutions

• I admit that invective is one of my pleasures. This only brings me problems in life, but that's it. I attack, I insult. I have a gift for that, for insults, for provocation. So I am tempted to use it.

• We had convinced ourselves that conditions wouldn't be right for seeing spokes on the lit side of the rings until about 2007, ... But this finding seems to be telling us that conditions on the dark side of the rings are almost as good right now for seeing spokes.

• The purpose of argument is to change the nature of truth.

• Faith is trusting Jesus to lead us and going where He leads. What avails it to me to analyze Saratoga water, and to believe in its virtues? I must drink the water if I want its purifying power. And the soul that has not actually drunk of Christ can never be purged from sin.

• Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind.

• When there is trust, conflict becomes nothing but the pursuit of truth, an attempt to find the best possible answer.

• It is more important that we should remember God than that we should breathe: indeed, if one may say so, we should do nothing else besides.

• After many of years of getting cast in sweet, angelic roles, I'm finally getting to play closer to my real life as a horrible person.

• The few bad poems which occasionally are created during abstinence are of no great interest.