Fear None quotes

• When people come up to me and say 'I hate you' or 'I love to hate you,' it's not the usual response that I thought I would've gotten halfway into my career. And then they say, 'I love your work.'

• A story lives transformed by a gesture not made or a word not spoken

• It was as if she had emitted a pulse of radiation that reached him even where he stood, and it bathed him and it burned him.

• You’re not buying news when you buy The New York Times. You’re buying judgment.

• There comes a point in time when you must know that everything you have already given or done is enough. This is not something anyone else can tell you. You must know. Giving without receiving doesn't prove anything except that you know how to be taken advantage of.

• My real guru are my experiences in life - the realisation that you are alone in this world came very early to me.

• I wish I could be more serious about painting. I think there may be something going on there and I should pursue it. I'm very old-fashioned - even with the music. I realize, while I have so much respect for the kookiness of people who go for it, who paint with their eyes closed, I am superclassical.

• A star for every State, and a State for every star.

• Overstated planning is the backbone of understated elegance.

• The secret of the mountain is that the mountains simply exist, as I do myself: the mountains exist simply, which I do not. The mountains have no "meaning," they are meaning; the mountains are. The sun is round. I ring with life, and the mountains ring, and when I can hear it, there is a ringing that we share. I understand all this, not in my mind but in my heart, knowing how meaningless it is to try to capture what cannot be expressed, knowing that mere words will remain when I read it all again, another day.