Savannah quotes

• The absolute worst I have ever been treated, the worst things that have been done to me, the worst things that have been said about me, are by northern liberal elites, not by the people of Savannah, Georgia.
    -- Clarence Thomas

#People #Done #Savannah

• Savannah is amazing with the town squares and the hanging moss and the French Colonial houses. It's brutally romantic.
    -- David Morrissey

#Squares #House #Savannah

• I turned my attention for a while to gamma ray astronomy and soon began the first in a continous series of experiments at the Savannah River site to study the properties of the neutrino.
    -- Frederick Reines

#Rivers #Savannah #Firsts

• I recall my fleeting instants in Savannah as the taste of a cup charged to the brim.
    -- Henry James

#Fleeting #Savannah #Taste

• You love me,” he said. “That’s all I need to know.” “You always say the right thing,” Savannah told him, her eyes so filled with love that he almost wept. “Sometimes it takes you awhile to get to it, but you always get there, and what you say is always worth waiting for.
    -- Suzanne Brockmann

#Eye #Waiting #Savannah

• When I was 11, I won my first nationals at Savannah, defeating Kelly Henry in the finals.
    -- Tracy Austin

#Firsts #Finals #Savannah

• If you like the post office and the Department of Motor Vehicles and you think they're run well, just wait till you see Medicare, Medicaid and health care done by the government.

• Isolation in creative work is an onerous thing. Better to have negative criticism than nothing at all.

• Being the first person to go to college that really related to me from the movie [The Butler] because being black and going to college everyone puts so much hope into you.

• There are lots of nations in the world or national peoples who don't yet have states. They're inside someone else's state and they want a state of their own.

• People were never meant to be idols. We aren't supposed to be worshipped. Only God deserves that kind of praise.

• I like the fact that this kind of family has been seen in a movie a million times: teenage kids, the family is a bit strained and they don't have enough money, but in the background the guy used to be a Gene Simmons type.

• Make sure you're doing something that you love, that you're willing to do for the rest of your life. If you're doing it for money, that's the only thing you won't make.

• Education reform has as its main purpose to make sure that the education delivered is of quality.

• I have a theory that kitchens, once they reach a certain level of complexity, attract new gadgets into their orbit, like planets. Only this can account for the fact that I own two melon ballers.

• It is by seeing, looking and choosing to not turn away that we gain God's heart, that we grow in faith.