Elohim quotes

• Elohim was, in logical terminology, the genus of which ghosts, Chemosh, Dagon, Baal, and Jahveh were species. The Israelite believed Jahveh to be immeasurably superior to all other kinds of Elohim. The inscription on the Moabite stone shows that King Mesa held Chemosh to be, as unquestionably, the superior of Jahveh.
    -- Thomas Huxley

#Kings #Stones #Elohim

• The Church's note must be a supernatural note which distinguishes incarnation from immanence, redemption from evolution, the Kingdom of God from mere spiritual process.

• Women make natural anarchists and revolutionaries .

• The tuba is certainly the most intestinal of instruments, the very lower bowel of music.

• Strange how few, After alls said and done, the things that are Of moment.

• My wife and children seem to like me quite a bit, and as long as that is true, I'm really OK.

• But change proves that you are still alive. Change often measures our tolerance for folk different from ourselves. Can we accept their languages, their customs, their garments, and their foods into our own lives? If we can, then we form bonds, bonds that make wars less likely. If we cannot, if we believe that we must do things as we have always done them, then we must either fight to remain as we are, or die

• Lies come from fear, from cowardice.

• History is principally the inaccurate narration of events which ought not to have happened.

• Even if my mother had no qualms of conscience concerning ownership of negroes, her sense of duty carried her far beyond the mere supplying of their physical needs, or requiring that they render faithful service.

• Our best chance for happiness is education.