Evanescence quotes

• Peoples will be as before, the sheep sent to the slaughterhouses or to the meadows as it pleases the shepherds

• I want studios that make story-based games to start taking their stories more seriously. And that doesn't mean hiring a big shot writer from Hollywood; it means that story becomes integral to making your game. I don't see how you can achieve that without having an in-house writer that sits next to the designer, helping them make their levels, talking with the engineers about where we can tell the story more dynamically, pushing at technology.

• The choice of moves should not be made on an exact verdict of the final position, but on whether or not your position has improved or worsened.

• All my life, following the warrior's code has taken me to places I was afraid to go. But always when I got there I was glad I made the journey.

• [Millennials ] are sharing cars. They're sharing apartments. I'm not sure my generation quite knows how to take advantage of it.

• Modern poetry, for me, began not in English at all but in Spanish, in the poems of Lorca.

• Their women are of surpassing beauty, and are shown more respect than the men. These people are Muslims, punctilious in observing the hours of prayer, studying the books of law, and memorizing the Koran. Yet their women show no bashfulness before men and do not veil themselves, though they are assiduous in attending prayers. Any man who wishes to marry one of them may do so, but they do not travel with their husbands, and, even if one desired to do so, her family would not allow her to go. The women have their 'friends' and 'companions' amongst the men outside their own families.

• She could smell the pages. She could almost taste the words as they stacked up around her.

• I cut off my ears before i hear your advice and vice versa

• [John] Calvin is revered as a thinker of immense importance in Reformed thought, Jonathan Edwards could say in his preface to his treatise on Freedom of the Will that he had derived none of his views from the work of Calvin, though he was willing to be called a "Calvinist" for the sake of convention.