Kilts quotes

• The Bible makes it clear that self-righteousness is the premier enemy of the Gospel.

• Nine Inch Nails' sound is dominated by clanging synths and sardonic, shrieking vocals.

• I have never in my life found myself in a situation where I've stopped work and said, 'Thank God it's Friday.' But weekends are special even if your schedule is all over the place. Something tells you the weekend has arrived and you can indulge yourself a bit.

• The most important thing I learned as a foreign correspondent in about 80 countries is that it takes a very shallow knowledge of history to think that there are solutions to most problems.

• Yesterday belongs to the dead. Tomorrow belongs to the living.

• When we were little, we kept close to our mother in a dark alley or if dogs barked at us. Now, when we feel temptations of the flesh, we should run to the side of our Mother in Heaven, by realizing how she is to us, and by means of aspirations. She will defend us and lead us to the light.

• ...the influence of the factory upon the physiological and mental state of the workers has been completely neglected.

• Our democracy's history is littered with names we neither remember nor celebrate - people who stood in the way of progress while protecting the powerful. On Wednesday, a number of senators voted to join that list,

• Africa is poor because its investors and its creditors are unspeakably rich.

• Strange new problems are being reported in the growing generations of children whose mothers were always there, driving them around, helping them with their homework --an inability to endure pain or discipline or pursue any self-sustained goal of any sort, a devastating boredom with life.