Element Of Surprise quotes

• In the first person, the readers feel smart, like it's them solving the case.

• One of the other experts we consulted with, this guy named Dacher Keltner, he was big on sadness as community bonding - I think is the word he used.

• Therefore, it is forbidden to say anything to anyone that might cause animosity between any two people.

• When the masculine mystique is pulling boys and men out into the world to growl manly noises at one another, the only power with astronger pull on the male psyche is maternally induced guilt. The guilt is quite necessary for our moral development, but it is often uncomfortable.

• Not less than two hours a day should be devoted to exercise.

• I don't care how wonderful heaven is, I won't be content waiting thirty years for you.

• Every once in a very long while, Lord Tywin Lannister would actually threaten to smile; he never did, but the threat alone was terrible to behold.

• Faith is the soul's adventure.

• I am not capable of doing big things, but I want to do everything, even the smallest things, for the greater glory of God.

• Obedience is the psychological mechanism that links individual action to political purpose. It is the dispositional cement that binds men to systems of authority.