Unconscious Mind quotes

• All novels are fantasies. Some are more honest about it.

• It is better to starve than get a bad client.

• Trials and tribulations tend to squeeze the artificiality out of us, leaving the essence of what we really are and clarifying what we really yearn for.

• We're a leader sure, but still a member of the global community. And that's true and important and when America acts like its worst self on the global stage is when we forget that.

• There must be a mirror to show the soul to itself before the soul can begin to gather its courage.

• . . . Virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone that renders us invincible. These are the tactics we should study. If we lose these, we are conquered, fallen indeed . . . so long as our manners and principles remain sound, there is no danger.

• There's a tendency to think that young designers only do fantasy fashion, but I'm more interested in making clothes that women can afford.

• The women's movement burst forth when I was fifteen. That was when I began to believe that life might semi-work out after all. The cavalry had arrived. Women were starting to say that you got to tell the truth now, that you had to tell the truth if you were going to heal and have an authentic life.

• Acted drama requires surrender of one's self, sympathetic absorption in the play as it develops.

• One of the outstanding ironies of history is the utter disregard of ranks and titles in the final judgments men pass on each other. The final estimate of men shows that history cares not an iota for the rank or title a man has borne, or the office he has held, but only the quality of his deeds and the character of his mind and heart.