Elitist quotes

• Prepare for every game like you just lost your last game.

• When we're always connected, we allow others-colleagu es and celebrities, close friends and distant acquaintances, bloggers and news aggregators-set our life's agenda. Our ability to prioritize is paralyzed by the sheer volume of requests, demands, opportunities, and information.

• As a singer, I float around. I'm kind of scatty, bouncing around a lot. I try to adapt to what's going on around me in the song and the arrangement.

• Without love of the land, conservation lacks meaning or purpose, for only in a deep and inherent feeling for the land can there be dedication in preserving it.

• I don't like writing essays or theory.

• I love my kitchen. For Manhattan, I have a rather decent-size kitchen, and it has an opening that gives out to the dining room, which has a window with a view of the city and in the distance the Statue of Liberty.

• If human emotions largely result from thinking, then one may appreciably control one's feelings by controlling one's thoughts - or by changing the internalized sentences, or self-talk, with which one largely created the feeling in the first place.

• If we don't learn to mythologize our lives, inevitably we will pathologize them.

• God does not regret saving you. There is no sin which you commit which is beyond the cross of Christ.

• We just can't love without God. God wants for us want we want for ourselves. These basic things are not that hard to grasp. We just have to have faith, and faith is a gift. We just need to accept it.