Korean quotes

• There is a lot of extreme emotion in Korean film. It's because there are a lot of extremes in Korean society.
    -- Bong Joon-ho

#Emotion #Korean #Film

• In Korean films there is only really a strong tradition of melodramas.
    -- Bong Joon-ho

#Strong #Korean #Film

• In the mid 1990s the Korean film industry was really open-minded.
    -- Bong Joon-ho

#Open Minded #Korean #Film

• My family immigrated when I was 3, and our predecessors inhabited the Korean Peninsula for as long as can be recalled.
    -- Chang-Rae Lee

#Long #Korean #My Family

• I got called back into the Navy during the Korean War.
    -- Daniel J. Evans

#War #Navy #Korean

• I like Korean employees and I like Korean tenants,
    -- Donald Sterling

#Korean #Tenants #Employee

• It's not natural disasters that are to blame for the deprivation of the North Korean people, but the failed policies of Kim Jong Il.
    -- John Bolton

#People #Kim #Korean

• To Koreans on the other side, we care about your freedom.
    -- Kim Young-sam

#Care #Sides #Korean

• The endgame is peaceful reunification of the Korean peninsula.
    -- Lee Myung-bak

#Peaceful #Korean #Peninsulas

• I was told many times that my writing was either too Korean - or not Korean enough.
    -- Min Jin Lee

#Writing #Korean #Enough

• I've read all of Sarah Waters's novels which have been translated into Korean.
    -- Park Chan-wook

#Water #Korean #Novel

• National partition is a sorrow that touches all Koreans, but for me it is brought to the fore by unimaginable personal suffering.
    -- Park Geun-hye

#Suffering #Sorrow #Korean

• I definitely love kimchi. The biggest influence that eating so much Korean food growing up had on me was that I have no limit for spiciness. The hotter the better.
    -- Patrick Stump

#Growing Up #Limits #Korean

• The Korean war has always been an unpopular war among the American people.
    -- Paul Robeson

#War #People #Korean

• I will bring more Korean dance moves and Korean songs overseas.
    -- PSY

#Song #Moving #Korean

• If a Korean artist reaches to the top, we're all ready to stand up and applaud for him or her.
    -- PSY

#Artist #Korean #Ready

• Wherever Koreans are, they set up a church,
    -- Sandra Oh

#Church #Korean

• Personally, I have quite the thing for Japanese and Korean boys in their 20s. And I greatly miss Bou. Ancafe hasn't been the same since he left.
    -- Savitri Devi

#Boys #Missing #Korean

• I escaped a North Korean prison camp
    -- Shindong

#Korean #Prison #North Korea

• I'd rather be just a Korean musician as opposed to, you know, a K-Pop musician.
    -- Tablo

#Musician #Korean #Pops

• I don't think there's much chance that the North Koreans would attack Guam or any other territory out of the blue. They would only counterattack if they felt existentially threatened. The questions is, At want point will North Korea feel it is threatened enough to make such a strike? We don't know that yet.
    -- Charles K. Armstrong

#Thinking #Chance #Korean

• North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un reportedly has had 15 of his top officials executed. So the lesson here is when Kim Jong Un comes to work with a new haircut, you tell him, 'Looking good, Un.'
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Kim #Lessons #Korean

• If Sony's not going to show 'The Interview,' that's it. No more North Korean movies for me.
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Interviews #Korean #Sony

• As a child I always loved traditional Korean masked dances. There is something magical about a mask because we all wear or hide behind a metaphoric mask, and ultimately underneath this metaphor is our true vulnerable core. I think we all want to reveal ourselves but can only do so when we feel we are safe.
    -- Dana Tai Soon Burgess

#Children #Thinking #Korean

• So, I'm from the South. So I guess that makes me South Korean.
    -- Henry Cho

#Korean #South

• I'm smart cause I'm Korean, I'm not so smart cause I'm from the south. They cancel each other out, so I'm even.
    -- Henry Cho

#Smart #Causes #Korean

• After listening to the radio, I learned what the North Korean government had been telling us about the war was not true. This myth allowed the North to hold the South responsible for the war.
    -- Kang Chol-hwan

#War #Listening #Korean

• Women in Korean myths disappear after giving birth. The reason they were born is to produce sons.
    -- Kim Hyesoon

#Son #Giving #Korean

• Trump has put the resolution of the North Korean nuclear issue at the top of his priority list, and he has employed a tactic of maximum pressure and engagement, but engagement can only occur if the conditions are right.
    -- Moon Jae-in

#Priorities #Korean #Resolution

• We were living with Bernard [Leach] in his home. He had a fantastic collection of early English and Japanese and Chinese and Korean pots and German pots, contemporary English work as well. And we had access to this collection.
    -- Warren MacKenzie

#Home #Chinese #Korean

• The Korean War has also show quite clearly that in a major conflict manpower is as important as horsepower.
    -- Aly Khan

#War #Important #Korean

• Well, we ought to make clear to everybody that the next Korean War, if one were ever to happen, is going to be the last Korean War because it's going to end with a unified peninsula, and it's go to be under Seoul, not Pyongyang.
    -- Richard N. Haass

#War #Korean

• The steady progress made by North Korea on its nuclear and missile programs is deeply concerning. The US cannot solve this problem alone. However, in order to take steps that could fundamentally affect the North Korean leadership and its decision-making, we need to work even more closely with our allies in the region who feel this threat acutely. I would urge China, in particular, to intensify its leadership role in helping to solve this crisis.
    -- Sam Nunn

#Progress #Helping #Korean

• We would welcome that, but it's going to require a commitment on the part of the North Koreans to denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula and pursuing a stable relationship with their neighbors. Instead, we've seen a lot of provocations and a flouting of international norms and obligations.
    -- Josh Earnest

#Commitment #Welcome #Korean