Virginians quotes

• Failure happened. The trick was to accept the risk and try anyway.

• I confess that I cannot understand how we can plot, lie, cheat and commit murder abroad and remain humane, honorable, trustworthy and trusted at home.

• Recounting of a life story, a mind thinking aloud leads one inevitably to the consideration of problems which are no longer psychological but spiritual.

• Passion is the degree of difficulty we are willing to endure to accomplish the goal.

• Jeff Kinney is tall and has a great smile, but dont be fooled, hes as slick as they come. A real player. And how he came up with a book that appeals to kids ages 8-13 baffles me. Hes an unbelievably kind man with a great family.

• Sometimes, when you work with directors who have done it a lot and are established in the business and know the game, there are all these rules that they have. First-time directors will allow you to come in with choices. They're not so jaded by actors that they're like, 'Ugh, just do your job, man.

• His mind scolded him for his stupidity and urged him to forget her but his heart had no justifications for its stand. It remained unmoved, its solidarity unaffected, its arrogance still holding.

• Perfume heralds a woman’s arrival and prolongs her departure.

• You know, when Michael Jackson does the moonwalk, he's showing off! When Prince or Hendrix do a guitar solo, it's confidence! I would hate to be at a show and some nervous wreck is sweating up there and doesn't feel like he deserves to be there.

• There is a celestial mind-force, a great sympathetic force which is life itself, of which everything is composed.