Velvet Underground quotes

• Memories are made of peculiar stuff, elusive and yet compelling, powerful and fleet. You cannot trust your reminiscences, and yet there is no reality except the one we remember......

• The truth is I always loved him. From the first time I saw him he was so great. But that time I was hurt. I might have been selfish but I was so hurt. I was afraid I would feel more pain. Now I remember every time I was with Shouji I felt better. You hugged me secretly with your heart, didn't you? Now I want you to embrace me with all that warmth, with all your strength.

• There is no excuse for this administration shielding information about Iraq and the fact that we have great difficulties there from the American people.

• I just want the same thing Joe Montana got when he was MVP. He got respect. He got commercials. He got everything

• Content thyself to be obscurely good.

• Montreal is a great town. There's equal parts blue-collar town.

• For me to grow, I have to know about the foundation that came before.

• All the businesses from the beginning of history have struggled with product development (assuming there is a market, doing the market testing and so on). But now they start with customer development. Get the customer who says, "Yes. I want that. I need it. I wanna use it. I'll pay for it." And then you go back and work with your engineers. It is changing the world!

• There is something about a well-fitted modern jacket that feels like armor. If it's cut well, it adds a dose of cool to anything you wear it with and does the heavy lifting when it comes to creating a flattering shape.

• Prose is architecture, not interior decoration, and the Baroque is over.