Vampire Academy quotes

• We do have a choice at the end of the day to say yes or to say no. There have been things that I have passed on where agents at the time were like, "you're crazy, why would you pass on this," because it wasn't something that I personally wanted to be a part of.

• The two operations of our understanding, intuition and deduction, on which alone we have said we must rely in the acquisition of knowledge.

• We should probably start searching around a little earlier in our lives for what I call parallel activities, because most of us get entrenched in our careers. And, of necessity, we're earning a living, and it's taking our time, and we're building our résumé, and we want our résumé generally to be our proficiency within our field, because chances are we're going to be applying for another position within the field. So we tend to put off a lot of this sort of what I call parallel discovery until we're either very successful and have the time to do that, or more often until we're retired.

• Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

• If you look at UFC champions: BJ Penn - terrifying! GSP - terrifying! Anderson Silva - terrifying! But I'm not terrifying. I am not the super-submission guy, I am not the one-punch KO guy, so I am not the most feared guy in the worldBut I will not quit, I will not break and I will fight you like a dog for every second of every round. I am not a super-talented guy, I'm just a dude who will fight you tooth and nail.

• I had the human rights life, and I had the family business life.

• I'm a therapist and that fascinates people because they think I carry secrets.

• The strange machinery by which a reputation precedes its source we all know is faulty. Yet how much faith we put in it!

• Civilization is the mastery of violence, the triumph, constantly challenged, over the aggressive nature of the primate. For primates we have been and primates we shall remain, however often we learn to find joy in a camellia on moss. This is the very purpose of education.

• I like being a big fish in a small pond. I'm not interested in a huge audience because it brings headaches.