Quentin quotes

• This is what happens under capitalism - as long as corporations and the super rich own the economy and the politicians, every new generation has to fight hard just to defend itself.

• It is better to be alone than in bad company.

• I was always a mad scientist type - an inventor and just a generally inventive person, and that has remained the same. But one thing that *has* changed is that I've always been aggressively pro-business, with the mentality that whoever pays me, gets me - but now, I'd rather be broke than contribute to destroying the world my son is inheriting - both the social fabric, and obviously the environmental.

• Who know what life is going to be like. I mean, there was no demand for the spaces before. It's not like people were flocking to Sochi before; they just didn't have enough hotel rooms and arenas to fill the need. So that's what we'll look at when we go there. But we'll wait a few years until things kind of return to normal.

• I got into radio when I was eight, and I was one of the busiest child dramatic actors in America.

• Involution always precedes evolution.

• As a kid, you get to the stage where you realise the gender barriers that exist in society and what you're supposed to do and not supposed to do.

• I’ll sum up the key to success in one word: generosity.

• There's always light after the dark. You have to go through that dark place to get to it, but it's there, waiting for you. It's like riding on a train through a dark tunnel. If you get so scared you jump off in the middle of the ride, then you're there, in the tunnel, stuck in the dark. You have to ride the train all the way to the end of the ride.

• America, the temple of invention and industry, doesn't make things anymore.