Haymitch quotes

• I think that all art is socially conscious. There is no alternative. Whatever we produce contains a political and social statement. There's no way to avoid that, unless it is pure decoration. But even pure decoration has also some value because you can read pure decoration as a way to ignore the reality that is around us, saying, "Well, I'm not interested. I just like to paint this wall blue.

• The civil unrest of recent days must come to an end, and the healing process must begin for the future of the community. We will provide assistance both in ending the violence and enabling the healing process in Benton Harbor.

• The youth of France do not want a new neo-liberal contract.

• Please tell me you will remember, no matter how much I do wrong that I had the best of intentions all along.

• Life is wonderful, so revel in its beauty. Be all you can be, and let go of the past. It is nothing but shadows.

• My debut single "Pointless Relationship" is about a girl's view of where the relationship is going with her partner and it sounds like a negative term. But the song is more of an empowering song from a woman's perspective! It's the life of them together and it's just never going to go where it should go, and so she's saying to him this is a pointless relationship.

• They don't like thinking in medical school. They memorize - that's all they want you to do. You must not think.

• The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.

• Your laughter is like cool water to me," I said. I felt my heart sob at these strange words, and it would not have been hard to summon tears: Strange. " "You are so serious all of a sudden," she told me. "I am not any one thing," I said. (137)

• How you spend your money is how you vote on what exists in the world