Swine quotes

• The only thing my mum could afford growing up was to be able to look after me and my brother so the only thing that I wanted when I grew up was to be able to look after my mum. So when I could, I bought her a house and then I got her a car as well and I got her a little air freshener to put in her car and on it, it said "life is a journey not a destination."

• The quilt format is highly appropriate for repetition and serialization. Formal issues of balance and color, space and light in landscape are endlessly engaging. I try to use the medium to its maximum, pushing well beyond tradition.

• The more you think, the more time you have.

• I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect Union, one and inseparable, established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

• These different people that I play become the loves of my life.

• Jazz is one of the least learnable art forms.

• Believe that you can whip the enemy, and you have won half the battle.

• The Church exists for nothing else but to draw men into Christ, to make them little Christs. If they are not doing that, all the cathedrals, clergy, missions, sermons, even the Bible itself, are simply a waste of time. God became Man for no other purpose.

• Drinking isn't necessarily the same as wanting to die. But you can't drink without thinking you're killing yourself.

• I always wanted to have a fragrance, and I always wanted to be able to connect with people in ways other than through film.