Upper Hand quotes

• It's the first company to build the mental position that has the upper hand, not the first company to make the product. IBM didn't invent the computer; Sperry Rand did. But IBM was the first to build the computer position in the prospect's mind.
    -- Al Ries

#Hands #Mind #Upper Hand

• It's funny how the hippies and the punks tried to get rid of the conservatives, but they always seem to get the upper hand in the end.
    -- Bjork

#Hippie #Hands #Upper Hand

• The upper hand is with those who are pushing regime change rather than those who are advocating more diplomacy.
    -- Richard N. Haass

#Hands #Upper Hand #Pushing

• I felt sure we could gain the upper hand by putting ourselves in the mindset of the Incas.
    -- Tahir Shah

#Hands #Gains #Upper Hand

• Lacroix has been fantastic. He's very nice. He gets the joke, and I think that's a good thing.

• There is not much irony when people are being happy on screen.

• Harriet, Hi! Light of my eye! Come to the pictures and have a good cry, For it's jolly old Saturday, Mad-as-a-hatter-day, Nothing-much-matter-day-night!

• Never accept ultimatums, conventional wisdom, or absolutes.

• Your filter bubble is your own personal, unique universe of information that you live in online. What's in your filter bubble depends on who you are, and it depends on what you do. But you don't decide what gets in - and more importantly, you don't see what gets edited out.

• The real way to enjoy playing golf is to take pleasure not in the score, but in the execution of strokes.

• To overcome negative emotions, consulting intuition is always useful. How can it guide you. During nervous periods, it offers a more centered alternative to agitation. Intuition is a neutral from of information that allows you to soberly gauge the validity of your worries. If you tune in and find out they're unfounded, you'll be relieved. If they are founded, you can develop a strategy to deal with them.

• But thy strong Hours indignant work’d their wills, And beat me down and marr’d and wasted me, And tho’ they could not end me, left me maim’d To dwell in presence of immortal youth, Immortal age beside immortal youth, And all I was, in ashes. - Tithonus

• It is never too late to start growing.

• Dear God, I pray for patience and I want it right now.